It's been just over a week since I put "Kermit The Hog" on the road an as for teaching problems, it hasn't been too bad.
The biggest issue I had was that when I put the motor under load ( being rubber mounted ) it would pull itself to the wheel , shortening the chain. Then the chain would skip over the sprocket, that's not good.
So I made this engine brace . It's mounted on two Rose joints one near the the axle the other on the swim arm mount ( which is on the engine)
The engine can still move up and down but not back. This has sorted the issue.
Then I got the carb set up on a dyno. I took it to Tiverton motorcycles. Once they had finnished cursing its length , thay had to let all the air out of the front tyre to gain a little bit more to fit it. But once set up it now produces 72BHP and 80Lbs Torque, topped out at 118 mph ( you'd have to be feckin mental to do that in to present hrdtail bouncy state ) That's really good for a standard motor Sportster. That engine has been riden hard from day one and it's done it good.
It pulls real clean now and rides well for a long bike with a square rear tyre. Going slow is a bit scary eg crawling through traffic , but the rest of the time it's bloody ace.
June I'll be riding it through Froggy land into Espana
Aug me and Mrs oily will be hooking up with the tall Dutchman Shovelpower, and riding to Sweden.
Your probly sick of hearing and looking at my bike. Tough shit you'll be seeing and hearing a lot more about it in the future .
But as compensation here is some other food for your Eyeballs .
All 3 photos stolen from http://www.chemicalcandycustoms.com/