Welcome technophobes, grease monkies, and motorheads

Welcome to a new'ish' site written by and with the imput from people who,s brains are so full of;
Technical abillity, Insane ideas, and the love of wierd and wonderfull shit, that there is no time in their over stressed brains for "CRAP" like spelling and punktuation.

Sunday 7 December 2014

Cutting up a perfectly good motor.

Today I stripped the Triumph motor down to see what cams I had in it. They are not the 3134's that I would like so I'll sort that . 
"That's not a Triumph motor you bloody tosser" I hear you shought . True. This is my sportster lump for my chop. 
I decided that the motor needs to be smartend up a touch . So I pulled the cam cover off , pilled in (with out a thought to my personal safety ) and cut some crap off of the case to make it a more pleasing shape. 


Then I poured on the paint stripper. This was as much good as a chocolate fire guard .
I got board waiting for it to not work so I set too it with the flapper disc on my grinder, removed all the paint (and a fair bit of aluminium ) then buffed it flat on my scotch brite type wheel thingymabob. 
It not looks suitably old and a bit cooler . There for making it more suited for my chop. 
I was so pleased with the result I went to the pub an consumed a whole pint of beer.


No comments: