Welcome technophobes, grease monkies, and motorheads

Welcome to a new'ish' site written by and with the imput from people who,s brains are so full of;
Technical abillity, Insane ideas, and the love of wierd and wonderfull shit, that there is no time in their over stressed brains for "CRAP" like spelling and punktuation.

Wednesday 19 November 2014

SWEDISH CHOP PROJECT

Got me forks 10" over
Got me wheel 15"x 9" drag wheel
So I mocked up the sportster tonight to see how it would look. 
Fuckin ace , that's how it will look. Handeling may be a bit shit but I can deal with that.

 Tyre is a 215x60x15 it's slightly narrower than the rim so nothing is wider than said rim . This gives me a bit more space for my drive chain. An also gives the wheel a very slight camber.
I did have a bit of a moment in my haste to river the bike on blocks. 
Once the wheel was removed I lowerd the frame onto 5" blocks but as it descended it picked up quite some pace. But it's OK because both of my middle fingers on both hands acted as a lovely bump stop between the stand and the cissy bar. 
I was trapped squealing gently to my self getting slightly panicked . I was completely stuck. 
I had a vision of myself being found the next day passed out with my hands trapped in my bike. 
I had to summon all the power in Grayskull to lift it back up to free my poor digits. 
Fuck that was a close one. 





4 comments:

benchdonkees said...

Ouch, we've all been there Rob!!
Gonna look cool, what tank/seat combo you goin' to use?

Brad said...

DTR1 in the front ready for dirtquake!

OILY RAG said...

Brad . I do dig the look of the Dt1
Andy . I'm using my original tank an I'm gunna put a big comfy King/queen seat with feckin ginormous cissy bar .

Paul said...

Lookin' good!