Welcome technophobes, grease monkies, and motorheads

Welcome to a new'ish' site written by and with the imput from people who,s brains are so full of;
Technical abillity, Insane ideas, and the love of wierd and wonderfull shit, that there is no time in their over stressed brains for "CRAP" like spelling and punktuation.

Sunday 2 March 2014

YZ STRIPDOWN

I stripped my YZF today cus a fella in the pub (as if you listen to a bloke in a pub but this one I used to work with when I was a wee slip of a greasy mechanic) told me that if you ain't sure of the history of a bike like this you should change the piston and rings to be on the safe side as the piston is so short it can spin in the bore and make a huge mess of the motor.
But once stripped I saw that , apart from looking like it's been running rich , the piston looked fresh . So I may just do the rings

1 comment:

Brad said...

Any sign of any other go faster bits in there? Is it a standard piston or has the barrel been lightened?